With the support of the European Union, OCTA initiated a dedicated project, “Territorial strategies for innovation” or OCTA Innovation, which provides technical and demand-driven services to the governments of the 20 inhabited OCTs.
The project, implemented by the consortium of Eurecna (Italy) and Egis (France), lasting from April 2014 to April 2018, aims to enhance sustainable development through innovative solutions for economic diversification and to improve regional and global competitiveness of the OCTs.
A team of experts (a core team based in Brussels – the OCTA Innovation Team, and a number of short-term experts) is assiting the OCT governments, both from Brussels and in the OCTs, in order to:
- Support the reinforcement of OCTs and OCTA capacities on innovation and related strategy setting, and to encourage regional and sector cooperation when appropriate.
- Develop a shared approach and enhance the links between the main stakeholders on strategic objectives for supporting innovation in OCTs.
- Create the appropriate framework and tools for supporting OCTs in the formulation and implementation of their strategies for innovation.
To this end each OCTs’ government appointed an Innovation Manager (IM) that will be key to support innovation policies in each OCT country. IMs main functions are related to:
- The assessment of the opportunities for innovation implementation in each OCT;
- The development of a territorial innovation strategy based on the local conditions and potentials;
- The elaboration and implementation of pilot project.
The OCTA Innovation Team support IMs in performing their main functions through dedicated capacity building activities within the whole project life-cycle.
OCTA Innovation: Who we are
For more information about OCT Association visit www.octassociation.org